Change font size
It is currently Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:29 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Settings For NVidia GeForce Series Video Cards and ASRX
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:52 pm 
TSF Member
TSF Member

If you would like to see ASRX how it was meant to be seen, you should follow the instructions on how to set the proper 3D Game Settings for our software. This allows you to see our tracks and textures in much greater detail. As sim racing is a smaller community most developers don't have custom settings pre-programmed into Nvidia drivers. Below would be the default settings we would run for Nvidia cards if we could.

If you have an older GeForce Card this may lower your frame rates. However you can always change settings back to default or lower them to fit the peformance of your card. For all GTX 460 and above cards you should be fine.

STEP ONE:
Right Click on your Desktop and Select NVidia Control Panel

STEP TWO:
Click on Manage 3D Settings and then click on the PROGRAM SETTINGS TAB in the right column.

STEP THREE:
Click on ADD -> browse to your root game folder (C: Program Files/Sim Factory/ARCA Sim Racing)
- Select your ARCA.exe file and hit OPEN. It will add the game to your Nvidia Control Panel

STEP FOUR
Now that the exe is added and is active in the 3D Game Settings Progam Settings Tab, Scroll to each line listed below and change the drop down menu to the right as listed below.

Antisotropic Filtering - 16X
Antialiasing - Mode - Override any application setting
Antialiasing - Setting - 16xQ or the highest setting available (Can be lowered to gain more frame rates)
Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames - 0

EXAMPLE:

56600 Twin Branch Drive
Mishawaka, IN 46545
http://www.adrenalinecorp.com

Post subject: Re: Settings For NVidia GeForce Series Video Cards and ASRX
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:38 pm 
Driver
Driver

Thank you. This worked great. Graphics are much better. I can even read all the guages with 3D glasses on now.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:53 am 
TSF Series League Manager

Official,

Have you had a chance to work with the latest Nvidia Beta drivers, 310.24?

If so, what changes might you recommend, if any and do you recommend the use of FXAA and adaptive V-sync?

thanks...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:01 am 
TSF Member
TSF Member

Jerry Watson wrote:
Official,

Have you had a chance to work with the latest Nvidia Beta drivers, 310.24?

If so, what changes might you recommend, if any and do you recommend the use of FXAA and adaptive V-sync?

thanks...

I have actually downloaded and installed the drivers and not noticed too many differences in framerate, performance or appearance.

It seems, at least for me, that when I buy a card and use the disc it comes with to install the drivers, that I never get any total satisfaction or significant improvement using any post production driver updates for it. Every now and then I see a compatibility assist in it, but its highly unusual for me to ever use anything other than shipping drivers.

Hope that's helpful.

56600 Twin Branch Drive
Mishawaka, IN 46545

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:09 am 
Driver
Driver

Anyone in your camp running AMD graphics??...and willing to make the recommended settings known. I am currently running a 6870 1gb on the latest Cat's..... 8-)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:41 am 

Bill Zimmerman wrote:

I have actually downloaded and installed the drivers and not noticed too many differences in framerate, performance or appearance.

It seems, at least for me, that when I buy a card and use the disc it comes with to install the drivers, that I never get any total satisfaction or significant improvement using any post production driver updates for it. Every now and then I see a compatibility assist in it, but its highly unusual for me to ever use anything other than shipping drivers.

Hope that's helpful.

LOL thats kind of funny because I've always be just the opposite. I've never used drivers from a disc. Now I'm involved in a wide range of PC games and dealing with a lot of different computers, so using updated drivers usually helps some titles more than others and even a small percentage of the time can cause a problem, but I feel the gain has always out weighted the risk. This is mostly with Nvidia products.

The only reason I asked about these beta drivers is because of the new features in them. FXAA for Skyrim reportedly gained 20% in performance according to Nvidia ;)
http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articl ... -released/
and this may benefit older machines with 8 series video cards or newer in them as I thought I read somewhere that FXAA doesn't help 7 series or older cards. I don't have any cards in my machines to verify this or not.
Plus I guess if you have a newer or faster machine running ARCA or any rFactor based sim I would think unless your running some 3 screen setup you could probably run everything maxed out pretty easily.

But the one thing that I've read on is the Adaptive v-sync (an automated technique that disables VSync when frame rates fall below the locked rate, and re-enables it when they return to the locked rate, significantly reducing stuttering whilst still preventing tearing.) . I've been setting it up on a few of my PCs and seeing how things go with it, but haven't had time to run them yet to see if it matters. But the idea behind it sounds good.

Just to note I have machines with 9800GT, 9800GTX+, 260GTX, GTX460, and 560Ti with dual core and quad core Intel 2.7 GHz or greater CPUs and most of them are on 28" monitors running at 1920X1200 @60Hz.

I guess i was just curious to see if you guys used them yet and if you have seen any gains or benifits in them.

Let me ask this... what do you set the Anti Aliasing at in the Config for the game (None, Level 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6)? I've usually put it at 6 figuring the higher the better. :) Never understood what the different Levels were or did and I guess never read it anywhere to tell me.
Then again memory isn't like it use to be i might have forgot! lol

also Bill you did see my PM?
Thanks....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:41 am 
TSF Member
TSF Member

Jerry,

Hey Jerry, I just noticed the pm, and I'll pass along to our group.

I revisited these drivers and this time insituted a clean install option which clears all game profiles. My experience so far (using only trucks) was very positive. I expanded test races to full field and highest detail settings and much of the issues I had before were no longer there (stutters, AA issues, FPS). I'll continue to run these the next few days in our test races and report back any issues seen.

So far so good!!

56600 Twin Branch Drive
Mishawaka, IN 46545

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:32 pm 

Bill Zimmerman wrote:
Jerry,

Hey Jerry, I just noticed the pm, and I'll pass along to our group.

I revisited these drivers and this time insituted a clean install option which clears all game profiles. My experience so far (using only trucks) was very positive. I expanded test races to full field and highest detail settings and much of the issues I had before were no longer there (stutters, AA issues, FPS). I'll continue to run these the next few days in our test races and report back any issues seen.

So far so good!!

OK, keep me posted on their thoughts.

Good to hear the drivers seem to be working for you. Even for betas they seem to be helping me with BF3 crashes on my machine, but not clear if they fixed an issue on one of my other floor machines. Need to run in more to see.

Also would you know what the settings or levels in the config.exe change or do at each setting for ARCA?

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:40 am 
TSF Member
TSF Member

Ross Frisken wrote:
Anyone in your camp running AMD graphics??...and willing to make the recommended settings known. I am currently running a 6870 1gb on the latest Cat's..... 8-)

I will get our team member running ATI/AMD to get me his settings so we can post those as well.

56600 Twin Branch Drive
Mishawaka, IN 46545

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:35 pm 
Driver
Driver

Thank you good sir... :)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next